SPORTS AT AECS-5
To inculcate physical culture amongst all students in the school, some physical exercises and yoga postures is conducted on a regular basis during the Physical Education period.
Classes in physical education will be conducted during the regular school hours in accordance with the syllabus prescribed by CBSE/AEES. Separate arrangements have been made for special
coaching in various games beyond the school hours.
Various games and sports competitions are also conducted. The competitions are conducted class wise. The students are also divided into 4 houses - BHABHA, BOSE, RAMAN and
SARABAHI. The houses the winners belong to awarded points. The winning house is awarded with Rolling Trophy after all the competitions are conducted.
ACHIEVEMENT IN SPORTS
- Inter-AECS Badminton tournament for U-14 category was conducted at Mumbai in November, 2022. Our school boys and girls team participated and won many laurels.
- In the Boys team event, we won the 3rd position
- In the Mixed doubles event, the team secured 3rd position
- In the Boys singles event, Durgesh Kandukuri secured 2nd position after a tough fight
- The school team of boys and girls participated in the U-14 Inter-AECS Table-tennis tournament held at Kakrapar
- Our budding young shuttler Mast. Durgesh Kandukuri of Class VII secured the 1st position in the U-13 category in the Splash Badminton tournament conducted in the month of August, 2022
- Durgesh was also selected for District Badminton Tournament
- Our school volleyball stars Gayatri Shitre and Keemeya Ahire were selected for Maharashtra State Level Volleyball team
Glimpses of the Sports Achievers